Developing your research career as a health data scientist: a 360 degree view
This half day workshop is aimed at Early Career Researchers (ECRs) and those about to complete their PhD.
It will give you as an individual a 360 view of yourself and help you assess the types of skills you need to
- develop in order to work effectively in the field; and
- develop academic skills to progress in the academic sector.
This interactive workshop will be delivered using a variety of modes including peer interaction and learning, practical exercises and short talks from career data scientists at different stages. There will be a short exercise to complete prior to the workshop in which you will assess yourself across a set of defined and internationally recognised competency frameworks including the VITAE.
- /sites/default/files/2018Preconference/DevelopingYourResearchCareer/Researcher-Development-Framework-RDF-Vitae.pdfTo identify key skills that are required by a data scientist.
- To assess your proficiency in the core skills and identify potential training needs.
- To align core skills with broader academic researcher development (VITAE).
- To explore and develop an understanding of the benefits of team data science.
- To create a personalised career development plan
Maximum 20 participants