Call for Candidates for 2019-2020 Director
We are seeking applications from individuals interested in running for election as the new Director of the IPDLN for calendar years 2019 and 2020. The Director must be a member of the IPDLN and their home institution should preferably be an institutional member of the IPDLN. The Director and their home institution will take responsibility for the planning and execution of the 2020 IPDLN Conference, and he/she also chairs the IPDLN Executive Committee.
Why you should consider running
- Appointed an Interim Executive Committee of the IPDLN and drafted Terms of Reference. The committee met three times over the year, including a face-to-face meeting in Toronto. A new Executive Committee will be elected by membership after a new Director is identified. This process will begin in September 2018.
- Built a new IPDLN website that can be more easily transferred to the next organization to lead the IPDLN as it is hosted externally by an independent vendor.
- Increased membership both in terms of number of members and number of countries represented, while at the same time removing inactive members from the list.
- Partnered with the International Journal of Population Data Science, the leading journal of population data linkage.
- Increased the social media presence of the IPDLN.
- Partnerships and collaborations between various IPDLN member organizations have grown, and some likely only occurred as a result of connections made or strengthened through the IPDLN.
- And most importantly, set the stage for a fabulous IPDLN conference in Banff, Alberta, from September 11-14, 2018, under the leadership of the science committee’s Drs Astrid Guttmann and Hude Quan.
Guidelines for applications
Each applicant must provide:
- a description of their institution including brief biographies of key staff that will be part of the IPDLN team, including the proposed Director
- an outline and plan, with location, for the 2020 IPDLN Conference
- an outline of the proposed two-year vision/plan for the IPDLN with key deliverables
All expressions of interest must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018.
Submissions should be no longer than two pages, size 12 font and submitted in PDF format.
The election of the new Director will take place online over the summer. Submissions will be made available to members for voting purposes. The winner will be announced at the general meeting of IPDLN members in Banff on September 13, during the 2018 IPDLN Conference.